10 June, 2005

Florence - A Very Small City - by Jill


On my monthly journey to Florence, I found myself right on the edge of the historic centre for my first apartment inspection -- I go to Florence each month and think I know it pretty well - however - on checking my map for the location of the second apartment I had to inspect I figured on a 20 minute walk, I was surprised after 5 mins to be half way there standing in front of the magnificent medieval Palazzo (see photo) in Piazza Santa Croce that houses some of our most luxurious apartments - on the map this appears to be a long walk, 5 minutes later I was at my appointment to see our latest (unbelievably beautiful) apartment [ apartment Lucrezia Donata ] that also appeared (on the map) to be slightly out of the way, however - in reality it's located in the heart of the historic centre -- and, as the owner proudly boasted, it even has a view of the Duomo from the "throne". So often in the office I hear the sales team trying to explain to clients that even though an apartment is not in Piazza Signoria, as long you are located in the historic centre you are perfectly located -- Florence really is a very small city.