18 October, 2005

Venice - A Guide to the Eateries of Venice - by Jill

Finding a good restaurant in Venice for those not "in the know" can be a little tricky, however on a recent trip I discovered a small book - A Guide to the Eateries of Venice by Michela Scibilia, when I realised that my own few favorites were included I bought it in view of my next Venice trip, I am writing this on the train on my way home from that trip and have to say it was a wonderful guide which I kept with me at all times, Michela is a local Venetian who has placed all of her own favorite restaurants on a map on the front and back of the guide which allows you to find the closest hidden treasure whenever hunger strikes, I highly recommend finding a copy as soon as you hit Venice. She also has another book called - Venice Botteghe which is a guide to shopping in Venice including music, books, fabrics, carpets, masks... you name it, in addition, she maps out basics such as internet points, coin laundries, supermarkets and atm machines, equally as informative and a definite must have for anyone visiting Venice